Welcome to Uintah Elementary School
Do you want to know about...
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
Sign up to volunteer to be a Watch DOG for a day!
Watch D.O.G.S. is a National program to increase the presence of male volunteers in the school. Last year was the pilot year for the program at Uintah, and we are continuing it this year. We are the only school in the Salt Lake City School district with this program. Dads volunteer one day at the school with a set schedule which includes spending time in your child(ren)'s classrooms, supervising recess, helping in the cafeteria and with PE in the lower grades. It is a great way to get involved! Visit this link to sign up for a day.
Online Lunch Payment
Use the link below to make your lunch payments and see your account balance.
If you are interested in volunteering with our ART programs in the classrooms or with Art Night next spring, please contact us! There are many volunteer opportunities (computer apps, marketing, data entry, spread sheets, networking and of course, anyone who has a love for the arts, crafters, musicians, foodies, Etsy fans, avid Pinners or anyone with a connection to the local Artists' Community in Salt Lake. Please email Katie Holzer @ email@example.com
- Road To Success
- Parent Instructions for scheduling Kindergarten Assessment
- SEP Online Scheduler
- Uintah Traffic Safety
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- The School Rules
- The Unicorn Club
- Unicorn Slips
News & Announcements
Dates to Remember
- October 14 - Half Day Schedule
- October 15 - U.E.A. Professional Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
- October 16 - U.E.A. Professional Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
- October 19 - NO SCHOOL
- October 21 - S.C.C. 5 p.m.
- October 30 - Halloween Parade 9 a.m.
- October 30 - Halloween Carnival 5-8 p.m.
- November 5 - P.T.A. Meeting 8:30 a.m.
- November 11 - Lifetouch Make Up Pictures
- November 13 - Maturation (Grades 5 & 6) 10 a.m.
- November 18 - S.C.C. 5p.m.
- November 20 - End of 1st Trimester
- November 25 - NO SCHOOL (Teacher Comp. Day)
- November 26 & 27 - NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Recess)
- December 7 - Report Cards go home
- December 11 - Offices closes 1 p.m.
- December 19 - January 3 - NO SCHOOL (Winter Recess)
Posted: back to top
Support our Classrooms!
Several of our teachers have posted project requests on the Donor's Choose website. DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Public school teachers post classroom project requests. Donors are able to browse the project request and give any amount to the project that inspires you. Once a project reaches its funding goal, the materials are delivered to the school.
See below for our current classroom projects:
- Ms. Murakami (Math Manipulative and Document Camera)
- Ms. Snyder (Classroom Printer for writing projects)
Thank you for your help in supporting these projects last year!
- Fourth Grade Team (Science Resources)
- First Grade Team (Math Manipulatives)
- Ms. Locante (3rd Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Ankerson (ELP: Document Camera)
- Ms. Aune Smith (4th Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Briggs-Cook (1st Grade: Document Camera)
Posted: 11/26//2012back to top
Posted: back to top
Fundraising with Uintah's Community Partners
SMITH'S EARN AND LEARN $$ - WAY TO GO!!
We just received a check from Smith's Food and Drug for $1,755 for last year's "Earn and Learn Program". That was EASY MONEY for us! We plan on purchasing three net book computers for the extra computer classroom, 2 ball pumps and equipment for our playground. Thanks to all who signed up last year and shopped at Smiths!
NOW IS THE TIME TO RENEW YOUR SUPPORT for Uintah Elementary this year with Smith's Earn and Learn Rewards Card! (You must renew every year). Take the Uintah Elementary School barcode (printed in our Newsletter) to Smith's when you shop and have the cashier scan the barcode when you present your rewards card at checkout. Make copies for all your friends, neighbors and family too! Then, don't forget to use your rewards card every time you shop at Smith’s. It's that easy! To learn more about Smith’s Earn and Learn program, visit www.SmithsFoodAndDrug.com.
SHOPPING AT "SMITHS FOOD AND DRUG" IS THE BEST WAY TO RAISE EASY MONEY FOR UINTAH!
If you shop at Smith's, or Target, you can sign up to have a portion of your purchase returned to Uintah. Every few months we receive a check from each company for about $100. The money helps fund the Arts at Uintah. We also collect Dan's grocery store receipts in a container outside the office.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
We received $852 from "Box Tops for Education" last year (April 2011 - March 2012) and already have another $200 worth saved up since then. Great job to everyone who donated! We will send home collection papers every month for a reminderand you can put them in the Box Tops container outside the office. Please label the sheets with your child's teacher’s name and we will tally which class collects the most!
Posted: back to top