Welcome to Uintah Elementary School
Do you want to know about...
Online Lunch Payment
Use the link below to make your lunch payments and see your account balance.
Schools Aid Families in Emergencies (S.A.F.E.)
The Schools Aid Families in Emergencies (S.A.F.E.) Neighborhood program provides training and information to help you and your neighborhood recover from major disasters. When a major disaster strikes Utah, volunteers who know how to open and operate Red Cross-supported temporary shelters in their neighborhood schools will have the ability to help their community survive and recover more effectively.
Go to www.safeutah.org for more information, and to register for classes in our area. The following dates are when classes are available:
DATE PLACE CLASS TIME
Sept 30 Uintah Elementary SAFE Neighborhoods: An Orientation 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Oct 1 Uintah Elementary Shelter Fundamentals 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Uintah Safety Measures
Please click on the following link to read the email which was sent to parents of current Uintah students who have supplied the office with an accurate email. If you did not receive the following letter, please update your information in the main office.
How to Speak With Children in Times of Crisis
Our hearts go out to the children, families, and our fellow educators in Connecticut. Answers are hard to find in times like this, but the district website does have links to some guidelines for parents on how they can talk to their children about crisis situations. Follow the link below.
For More Information On...
- Road To Success
- SEP Online Scheduler
- Parent Instructions for Kindergarten Assessments
- Uintah Traffic Safety
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- The School Rules
- The Unicorn Club
- Unicorn Slips
News & Announcements
Dates to Remember
- September 22 - Online Scheduler available for parents
- September 24 - Dads' Night 6-7 p.m.
- September 24 - S.C.C. 5-6 p.m.
- September 25 - Half Day Schedule
- September 26 - NO SCHOOL (Professional Development)
- September 30 - Picture Day
- October 1 Vision Screenings (K, 1, 2, 3, 6, Resource & Referrals)
- October 2 - P.T.A. Meeting 8:30 a.m.
- October 7 - Online Scheduler closes for parent scheduling
- October 8 - S.C.C. 5-6 p.m.
- October 15 - Half Day Schedule
- October 16 - U.E.A. (NO SCHOOL)
- October 17 - U.E.A. (NO SCHOOL)
- October 20 - NO SCHOOL (Non student day)
- October 21 - 24 Scholastic Bookfair (Library)
- October 22 - Half Day Schedule (S.E.P. Conferences 1:15 - 7:00 p.m.)
- October 23 - Half Day Schedule (S.E.P. Conferences 1:15 - 7:00 p.m.)
- October 24 - Halloween Carnival
- October 31 - Halloween Parade 9 a.m.
Posted: back to top
Support our Classrooms!
Several of our teachers have posted project requests on the Donor's Choose website. DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Public school teachers post classroom project requests. Donors are able to browse the project request and give any amount to the project that inspires you. Once a project reaches its funding goal, the materials are delivered to the school.
See below for our current classroom projects:
- Ms. Murakami (Math Manipulative and Document Camera)
- Ms. Snyder (Classroom Printer for writing projects)
Thank you for your help in supporting these projects last year!
- Fourth Grade Team (Science Resources)
- First Grade Team (Math Manipulatives)
- Ms. Locante (3rd Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Sweeney-Turnbow (1st Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Ankerson (ELP: Document Camera)
- Ms. Aune Smith (4th Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Briggs-Cook (1st Grade: Document Camera)
Posted: 11/26//2012back to top
SCC Mid-Year Report
The Uintah Elementary School Shared Governance (SCC) Mid-Year Report has been published. Click the link below to view the report.
Posted: back to top
Fundraising with Uintah's Community Partners
SMITH'S EARN AND LEARN $$ - WAY TO GO!!
We just received a check from Smith's Food and Drug for $1,755 for last year's "Earn and Learn Program". That was EASY MONEY for us! We plan on purchasing three net book computers for the extra computer classroom, 2 ball pumps and equipment for our playground. Thanks to all who signed up last year and shopped at Smiths!
NOW IS THE TIME TO RENEW YOUR SUPPORT for Uintah Elementary this year with Smith's Earn and Learn Rewards Card! (You must renew every year). Take the Uintah Elementary School barcode (printed in our Newsletter) to Smith's when you shop and have the cashier scan the barcode when you present your rewards card at checkout. Make copies for all your friends, neighbors and family too! Then, don't forget to use your rewards card every time you shop at Smith’s. It's that easy! To learn more about Smith’s Earn and Learn program, visit www.SmithsFoodAndDrug.com.
SHOPPING AT "SMITHS FOOD AND DRUG" IS THE BEST WAY TO RAISE EASY MONEY FOR UINTAH!
If you shop at Smith's, or Target, you can sign up to have a portion of your purchase returned to Uintah. Every few months we receive a check from each company for about $100. The money helps fund the Arts at Uintah. We also collect Dan's grocery store receipts in a container outside the office.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
We received $852 from "Box Tops for Education" last year (April 2011 - March 2012) and already have another $200 worth saved up since then. Great job to everyone who donated! We will send home collection papers every month for a reminderand you can put them in the Box Tops container outside the office. Please label the sheets with your child's teacher’s name and we will tally which class collects the most!
Posted: back to top