Welcome to Uintah Elementary School
Do you want to know about...
Online Lunch Payment
Use the link below to make your lunch payments and see your account balance.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with ART programs in the classrooms or with our Annual Art Night held next spring, please contact us! There are many levels of volunteer opportunities to fit everyone’s schedule. We are looking for folks who are comfortable with many different skills like: Computer apps, Marketing, Data entry, Spread sheets, Networking and of course, anyone who has a love for the ARTS, crafters, musicians, foodies, Etsy fans, avid Pinners or anyone with a connection to the local Artists' Community in Salt Lake. Please email Katie Holzer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Speak With Children in Times of Crisis
Our hearts go out to the children, families, and our fellow educators in Connecticut. Answers are hard to find in times like this, but the district website does have links to some guidelines for parents on how they can talk to their children about crisis situations. Follow the link below.
- Road To Success
- Parent Instructions for scheduling Kindergarten Assessment
- SEP Online Scheduler
- Uintah Traffic Safety
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- The School Rules
- The Unicorn Club
- Unicorn Slips
News & Announcements
Dates to Remember
- September 3 - P.T.A. Meeting 8:30 a.m.
- September 3 - New Families Night 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- September 5 - SEP Online Scheduler opens
- September 7 - Labor Day (NO SCHOOL)
- September 16 - SEP Online Scheduler closes
- September 23 - S.C.C. 5 p.m.
- September 24 - Half Day Schedule
- September 25 - Teacher Professional Development (NO SCHOOL)
- September 29 - Picture Day
- September 30 - SEP Conferences (1:15 - 7:00 p.m.)
- September 30 - Half Day Schedule
- October 1 - SEP Conferences (1:15 - 7:00 p.m.)
- October 1 - Half Day Schedule
- October 1 - P.T.A. Meeting 8:30 a.m.
- October 14 - Half Day Schedule
- October 15 - U.E.A. Professional Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
- October 16 - U.E.A. Professional Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
- October 19 - NO SCHOOL
Posted: back to top
Support our Classrooms!
Several of our teachers have posted project requests on the Donor's Choose website. DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Public school teachers post classroom project requests. Donors are able to browse the project request and give any amount to the project that inspires you. Once a project reaches its funding goal, the materials are delivered to the school.
See below for our current classroom projects:
- Ms. Murakami (Math Manipulative and Document Camera)
- Ms. Snyder (Classroom Printer for writing projects)
Thank you for your help in supporting these projects last year!
- Fourth Grade Team (Science Resources)
- First Grade Team (Math Manipulatives)
- Ms. Locante (3rd Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Ankerson (ELP: Document Camera)
- Ms. Aune Smith (4th Grade: Document Camera)
- Ms. Briggs-Cook (1st Grade: Document Camera)
Posted: 11/26//2012back to top
Posted: back to top
Fundraising with Uintah's Community Partners
SMITH'S EARN AND LEARN $$ - WAY TO GO!!
We just received a check from Smith's Food and Drug for $1,755 for last year's "Earn and Learn Program". That was EASY MONEY for us! We plan on purchasing three net book computers for the extra computer classroom, 2 ball pumps and equipment for our playground. Thanks to all who signed up last year and shopped at Smiths!
NOW IS THE TIME TO RENEW YOUR SUPPORT for Uintah Elementary this year with Smith's Earn and Learn Rewards Card! (You must renew every year). Take the Uintah Elementary School barcode (printed in our Newsletter) to Smith's when you shop and have the cashier scan the barcode when you present your rewards card at checkout. Make copies for all your friends, neighbors and family too! Then, don't forget to use your rewards card every time you shop at Smith’s. It's that easy! To learn more about Smith’s Earn and Learn program, visit www.SmithsFoodAndDrug.com.
SHOPPING AT "SMITHS FOOD AND DRUG" IS THE BEST WAY TO RAISE EASY MONEY FOR UINTAH!
If you shop at Smith's, or Target, you can sign up to have a portion of your purchase returned to Uintah. Every few months we receive a check from each company for about $100. The money helps fund the Arts at Uintah. We also collect Dan's grocery store receipts in a container outside the office.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
We received $852 from "Box Tops for Education" last year (April 2011 - March 2012) and already have another $200 worth saved up since then. Great job to everyone who donated! We will send home collection papers every month for a reminderand you can put them in the Box Tops container outside the office. Please label the sheets with your child's teacher’s name and we will tally which class collects the most!
Posted: back to top