We at Uintah Elementary School believe that students have the right to learn and be safe. Everyone should be able to come to school, learn and return home without being hurt, bothered or frightened. Be aware that most students do behave and follow school rules. The students who consistently comply with school policy will be acknowledged and encouraged. We hope to help students become responsible citizens, so we have established these rules for our entire school.
GENERAL SCHOOL WIDE RULES
- Students are to follow directions the first time and respect all adult staff and supervisors. Talking back, insults, hostility, belligerent behavior are not acceptable.
- Students are to keep hands, feet and objects to their self. They are not to harm persons or property. Disregard for safety of people and property will not be tolerated.
- Students are to attend classes and be on time to those classes. Students are expected to follow their specific classroom rules. No person will be allowed to disrupt the learning process.
- Students are to use equipment and facilities in a safe and proper way.
- Candy, toys, radios, skateboards, roller blades and other disruptive equipment are not permitted unless otherwise approved by the teacher. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
The classroom teacher will be responsible for his/her own classroom behavior policy. The plan will be approved by the principal and will be disclosed to parents during Back-to-School Night.
At the end of the school day, students should leave the school building and proceed to the destination directed by their parents. Those students in the After School program should report there immediately. Students are NOT to remain in the building unless accompanied by an adult.
ACTS PROHIBITED BY LAW
Any acts prohibited by law such as, possession and use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, firecrackers, etc. is not allowed. Salt Lake City School District has a policy and procedure for those caught with or using an unlawful substance.