Great minds are cultivated at Uintah Elementary School. Uintah's faculty, staff, and community work together to help students acquire high levels of academic learning. School rules, based on safety, respect, and responsibility, promote a positive educational experience for all children. Uintah is a wonderful place to learn.
- Our PTA and parent involvement is second to none. Volunteers bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience to help sharpen and expand young minds. Volunteers are used in a variety of ways, ranging from working with individual students to whole class music and art lessons. Our high level of parent involvement reflects the high value placed on education by our community.
- Our Hands-On Science program is offered to students in grades 1-6. The program includes a wide variety of physical science experiments, such as chemistry and electricity. Life science experiments in fifth and sixth grade also include dissection.
- Our faculty has worked with the State Office of Education to design positive behavior support for our students. We explicitly teach and reinforce expectations and have positive behavior support in place, such as U Club and our Ultimate Unicorn Treasure Tower.
- We participate in the Beverly Taylor Sorensen art program as a theater focus school. The arts are integrated across the curriculum. We have an on-site art specialist who works with the students on visual arts and our Art Tech initiative. We are also fortunate to have a great partnership with the Tanner Dance Program.
- Integrating technology is a professional development focus for our school. All classrooms have an interactive white boards and LCD projectors. We also have carts with iPads and laptops that are used in classrooms.
- We continue to work with Community Education to offer both kindergarten enrichment and extended day programs.