Library Learning Center
Click on any of the links below to find ways you can keep reading while we are distance learning!
- Follett eBooks -log in the same way you log in to a school computer, to find all ebooks, type “ebooks” in the catalog search
- SORA-log in the same way you log in to a school computer...ignore that it says to use an email account
- Abdo Ebooks-TONS of books you can read online
- Big Timber Media—just click on your grade level to get started
- TumbleBooks-books to read on your own or to listen to, username: tumble735, password: books
- Storyline Online-stories read aloud by actors
- Overdrive at the city library-use your library card to check out ebooks
- Authors-read alouds, drawing, writing prompts
- Magic Treehouse Home Adventures
- Audible-all books are free to listen to while schools are closed
- Misc. Resources-news articles for kids, sports, blogs, science and social studies activities, lots of cool stuff!
- Scholastic News-articles, stories read-aloud for young students, easy books
- Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds and Activities
- A Book a Day-author/illustrator Oliver Jeffers reads a book each day
- TumbleMath-books with a math theme, username: tumble2020, password: A3b5c6
- Audio Book Cloud username: tumble2020, password: A3b5c6
- Save With Stories-celebrities reading aloud stories
- Josh Gad (AKA Olaf) reads aloud
Other Fun Activities
- Code.org-Why not spend some of your free time learning how to do computer coding?
- Read, Draw, Create-sponsored by children’s book authors and illustrators
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari
- Mo Willems Lunch Doodles
- Hidden Worlds of the National Parks-virtual tours
Welcome to Uintah's Library Learning Center where the goal is that the library will be a cross between Disneyland and Harvard...lots of fun, lots of learning!
Salt Lake City School Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Library Learning Center is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. A strong Library Learning Center program, administered by a certified Library Technology Teacher, positively impacts student achievement. The Library Technology Teacher is a certified teacher, instructional partner, information specialist and program coordinator.